Wednesday, October 7, 2009

THE LOSS OF A SISTER

Today is truly a sad day as my sweet sister Judy returned home to her Father in Heaven.
Joyous for her, she is relieved from her pain and reunited with loved ones. Bittersweet for those
of us left behind, especially my brother Kevin and his wonderful family.
I have so many great memories of Judy. She came into my life when I was 11 years old and when I turned 12 she took me and a bunch of loud and obnoxious other girls to Classic roller skating for my birthday party---what a cool sister (and she wasn't even my sister yet!) We took skiing lessons together along with her brother Mark, and me, always being a wimp, one day wanted to prove to her that I wasn't, so I kept skiing and by the end of the day had FROSTBITE! I was bound and determined to be as tough as Judy!
She taught me the meaning of SARCASM---to the dismay of my father! He never understood how we could be so rude to each other and yet have fun at the same time! She taught me how to sew---okay, she tried to , but I was a terrible student. She taught me how to be a good wife, mother, leader in the church and also how to support your husband through everything.
Most of all, Judy taught me how to be brave, courageous, spiritual, strong, determined and loving. I could not have asked for a better example. I only hope I can be HALF the woman she is.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Karen--she taught us all so much. I am so grateful for her and for YOU. What wonderful aunts I've been blessed with.

    ReplyDelete