Saturday, November 3, 2012

Is It Just Me?...




I've been reading some articles lately about blogs and women who read them and pinterest and all the other things that can occupy our precious time. What I've
learned is that so many of us end up feeling guilty or inadequate because of what we see others accomplishing or doing. We fail to realize that the pictures they show
or the "things" they "pin" are when their houses are clean, I mean c'mon-who is really going to blog or post a picture of themselves when they are having a migraine or the dishes are piled up in the sink or the kids have just puked all over the carpet?

The reality of it is that we are all just trying to do our best, and we shouldn't try to compare ourselves to anyone or try to keep up with anyone. I am always TAKING pictures thinking, "Oh, this will be so cute to put on my blog", but hey, it just doesn't happen. I'm not knocking anyone that does frequently blog or Facebook or whatever, I'm just saying that I have more days where I am just trying to GET BY-
taking care of kids and my husband and just surviving. Some days I'm really
motivated, and other days I don't get near the computer. Yeah, now you know, I have
the "old-fashioned" phone that doesn't have access to email,facebook, and such.

So, my question to anyone reading this POST from THIS POST-is it just me? :)

2 comments:

  1. Notice how little I've blogged lately! I do facebook more because I got a new phone that makes it easy. I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish, but just like you, most days really are just "survival" mode! However, when I do go into a friends house and realize that they have dusty baseboards and sticky floors and didn't get a shower either, it always makes me feel better. We're all human...even though some people pretend (post only perfect moments) they are so much more! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I (embarrassingly) realized right around Christmastime that I was making decisions to do or not do something based on how it would look on the blog (if I ever managed to post). the truth is, there are fantastic ideas floating around out there but I have not the time or money to do most of the things I pin! I listened to the authors of our best bites at time out for women and laughed as they talked about how they do NOT cook the way you see in their cookbook everyday. they feed their kids chicken nuggets out of the freezer too!

    ReplyDelete