Monday, November 16, 2009

A "POST" Halloween!

Well, it has taken us awhile but we have finally uploaded some pictures of our Halloween Hooligans! We had quite the eventful time from class parties to carving pumpkins---it has
always been my FAVORITE time of year!

There's this great SPOOKY HOUSE over on 28th South and just off of Highland Drive
that we discovered last year---Nathan and Ashley call it the "HAUNTED MANSION"...


It's a very cool house with numerous Jack o' Lanterns and other scary stuff!!


This was the first year that I was able to go to Nathans school for his Halloween Party. I have usually been at Ashley's to help her and last year he was sick so I was very excited to be
with him for once. As you can tell, his class and his whole school is VERY SPECIAL, as are
the teachers and the aides. He had so much fun and I just really enjoyed being with my sweet
little Phantom!




Nathan and his buddies at Hartvigsen School

The night before Halloween is when we carve out the pumpkins, although we had bought them at the beginning of October because Nathan was so excited for Halloween! He kept counting down the days until he could slice and dice that thing into a work of art!

As you can see, we take carving pumpkins around here seriously, and Joe (son) spent at least 4 hours on his. Joe (dad) and I never did carve ours out as we were too preoccupied with helping
the little kids with theirs.

Oh well, it's still sitting on our front porch for Thanksgiving!



Young Joe's Medusa............................................. Katie's freaky Mummy
















"Excellent" (James) .........................................Ashley's 3 headed hell-hound
















Nathan's Ninja Turtle ................................................. Annie's Brain Man



We also like to dress up for this All Hallows Eve and Nathan is of course the biggest ham ever!
(Ashley refused to be photographed, but she was a headstrong British Wench... 'nuff said.)
























"The Phantom of the Opera is here...
inside our house"




















"What we have here is a distinguished English gentleman and his girl Friday (and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Weekends, too!)"















This is Nathan wearing his Dad's mask from Halloween (it's the scarecrow from BATMAN RETURNS) oooooh! scary!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pumpkins. Very impressive. What a fun tradition. I love Nathans costume. He is such a cutie. I'm glad you had such a fun Halloween. Tell Nathan I thought he looked AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan cracks me up! What a funny kid! I'm so glad that you have joined the blogging world...isn't it great to keep tabs on each other? I do love it so!- Jenny

    ReplyDelete